Applications are invited by Kurukshetra University (KUK), for admission to Bachelor of Education (B,Ed) Course commencing in the session January 2021.
KUK B.Ed Admission 2021 Form
- The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Programme of KUK aims at developing the understanding and competencies required by practising teachers for effective teaching-learning process at the secondary stage.
Duration of the Course: The minimum duration of the programme at KUK is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme will be four years.
Subject Offered at KUKB.Ed Admission
- Malayalam, English, Hindi, Physical Science, Mathematics, Natural Science, Social Science Sanskrit, Commerce, Arabic, Information Technology
The Directorate has identified five Study Centres in NCTE approved B.Ed. Colleges for delivery of programme. Students are required to choose any of these centres as per convenience. These Centres are:
- 1. Directorate of Distance Education, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- 2. University College of Education, K.U. Kurukshetra.
- 3. SL DAV College of Education, Ambala City.
- 4. SNS College of Education for Women, Yamuna Nagar.
- 5. Dr. Ganesh Dass DAV College of Education for Women, Karnal.
Kurukshetra University (KUK), for admission to Bachelor of Education (B,Ed) Number of Seats and Reservations : The total number of seats and reservation for different categories will be as under :- 1. Total No. of seats : 500
- (i) General Category 30% 150
- (ii) Reserved Categories 70% 350
KUK B.Ed admission Eligibility:
The eligibility conditions for admission to B.Ed.(2-year) Course through Distance Mode will be as under :-
- (i) Bachelor/Master’s Degree from a recognised University with atleast 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/Blind/Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates). (Provided that the requirement of 50% marks shall not apply to persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the National Council for Teacher Education (Regulations Norms and Procedure) Second Amendment Regulations, 2010. This amendment was published in the Gazette of India on 26 July 2010).
- (ii) 2 years in-service working teaching experience in any recognised Government/ Aided/Private school/educational institution in the State of Haryana as on or before 31st May 2013. Note :(i) The Teaching Experience Certificate will be accepted only on the prescribed proforma given at Appendix-I in the Prospectus. In case a candidate has served in more than one Institution (with/without break), he/she should use the photocopy of this proforma for submitting the teaching experience certificates for each institution of service.
- ii) There will be no rounding of percentage of marks for determining the eligibility for admission to B.Ed. course.
- (i) A candidate who has passed B.Ed. Part-I examination of this University shall be eligible to join Part-II class in the Directorate of Distance Education.
- (ii) The students of B.Ed. (2-Year) course having 2-years duration enrolled with this Directorate for the session 2012-13 and have appeared in the examinations held in May/June 2013 but could not clear 50% papers of B.Ed.
- Part-I examinations may also be provisionally allowed to join B.Ed. Part-II of the course by paying an additional fee of Rs. 500/- per deficient paper payable to the University at the time of admission subject to clearing the remaining papers of B.Ed. Part-I examinations in the permissible number of chances
Kurukshetra University (KUK) B.Ed admission 2021 will be made on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination and as
per reservation policy of Haryana Govt. The schedule for submission of Admission
- Last date of Receipt of Admission Forms: 27-09-2013 (Friday)
- Merit list will be displayed on KUK website: http://www.kuk.ac.in
2. Admission fees/dues are to be deposited only on demand from the Directorate after declaration of merit list and finalization of admission.
How to apply in B.Ed at KUK:
- Part I – The admission will be made on the basis of merit in the qualifying examinations and as per Reservation Policy expalined earlier in the Prospectus. Part II- The candidates are required to fill-in fresh Admission Form, Examination Form and Computer Forms available in general Prospectus of the Directorate of Distance Education in the beginning of the new session, usually in the month of July/August 2021
- Admission Form/Computer Form, Examination Form/Admit Card and Computer Data Form appended at the end of this Prospectus, duly filled in should be sent to the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra – 136 119 along with following documents:
- (I) (a) Attested copy of qualifying examination;
- (b) Attested copy of proof of teaching experience as per proforma (Appendix-I); and
- (c) Attested copy of proof of reservation.
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
Pin – 136119
Examination Enquiry: 01744-238169
Distance Education Enquiry: 01744-238518