GATET 2020 Goa TET -Goa Teachers Eligibility Test (GATET) Exam Date Notification Books | Study Materials Free Question Paper GATET 2020 Paper I and Paper II For Upper Primary (Class VI to VIII) and Lower Primary (Class I to V) Teachers Recruitment.
GATET 2020 Goa TET
- The Government of Goa will conduct Goa Teachers Eligibility Test (GATET) 2020 also known as Goa TET , as per the formalities laid down by the central regulating authorities. Goa TET is for the candidates aspiring to become teachers in primary (class I -V) and upper primary (VI-VIII) schools in the state of Goa.
- The responsibility of conducting the state TET was handed over to the State Council for Educational Research and Training (SCERT). One TET was to be held before the new academic year last year was to begin on June 6, 2011. The January circular still stands but citing ‘lack of infrastructure’ the plan to hold the state TET has not materialized for the second year now.
- Several teachers in Goa, employed on a contract basis or presently filling in temporary vacancies for teachers on leave and looking for a full-time job, might find themselves in a fix.
- Fearing being rendered jobless, many teachers across the state have applied for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET).
- Clearing the TET has been made mandatory for teachers who have a diploma in education, but is not necessary for teachers who possess a degree in education.
- The TET would test the general and subject knowledge along with a candidate’s teaching skills. The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) will ensure that TET standards are high like in the case of NET.
Eligibility and Qualifications for Goa TET :
Candidates should have following qualifications as prescribed by the NCTE. The State governments may change the qualifications and eligibility requirements as per the GOs issued by them.
- Goa TET (GATET) Qualification Teachers of Classes I-V (Paper I) 2020:
Candidates should have passed in Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45 percent marks. Those appearing in final 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education in Special Education are also eligible. OR Candidates with BA / B.Sc. with at least 50 percent marks and B.Ed qualification can also apply.
- Goa TET (GATET) Qualification Teachers of Classes VI-VIII (Paper II) 2020 : Applicants having B.A. / B.Sc and those appearing in final 2 year D.Ed. / B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 45 percent marks and passed / appearing in B.Ed / Senior Secondary with at least 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) / 4-year BA/ B.Sc.Ed. or B.A. (Ed.)/B.Sc. (Ed.) / B.Ed. (Special Education) with 50 percent in BA or B.Sc are eligible for GATET.
GATET 2020 Exam pattern, Syllabus and Scheme:
GATET Syllabus consists of two objective type question papers. Each paper will consist of 150 MCQs and each question carries 1 marks totaling for 150 marks. Following are the details of question papers :
- Paper I Syllabus: To become teachers for classes I-V in Goa primary school.
- Paper II Syllabus: To become teachers for classes between VI and VIII in Goa upper primary school.
- Paper I and II: For those candidates who interested in teaching from Class I to VIII. They can appear for both the papers and have to get qualifying marks to be considered for all the classes.
GATET 2020 Paper I (for classes I to V): Duration of examination – one-and-a-half hours
Structure and Content (All Compulsory): Goa Teachers Eligibility Test 2020
|(i) Child Development and Pedagogy||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(ii) Language I||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iii) Language II||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iv) Mathematics||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(v) Environmental Studies||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Total||150 MCQs||150 Marks|
GATET 2020 Paper II (for classes VI to VIII): Duration of examination – one-and-a-half hours
Structure and Content: Goa Teachers Eligibility Test 2020
|(i) Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(ii) Language I (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iii) Language II (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iv)(a) For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science|
(b) For Social Studies/Social Science teacher: Social Science
(c) For any other teacher: either (a) or (b)
GATET or Goa TET Results 2020 / Qualification Marks
- More than 5 lakhs students of Goa are waiting for the results, An GATET candidate who scores 60% or more in Goa TET exam 2020 the exam will be considered as GATET pass.
·Goa Govt May consider giving concessions to persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently abled persons, etc., in
accordance with their extant reservation policy of Goa Teachers Eligibility Test (GATET) 2020 ;
- · GATET Should give weightage to the Goa TET scores in the recruitment process; however, qualifying the GATET candidates would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria
GATET or Goa TET Exam 2020 Admit Card and Hall Ticket Download
- All GATET candidates can Download Admit Card OR Hall Ticket from Goa TET Exam Official website before 15 days of the exam date.